It's not enough that the courts are now allowing Katrina victims to sue blaming global warming for their loses, now we have a few more moments of insanity. Sen. Orin Hatch wants a Department of Justice investigation into the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) in college football, stating that a "strong case" can be made that the BCS violates antitrust laws; that the system "has been designed to limit the number of teams from non-privileged conferences that will play in BCS games."
Sen. Chuck Schumer is calling for "tighter restrictions" and a nationwide “awareness” program of sales of hydrogen peroxide, a chemical widely used in over-the-counter hair dye formulas but also used by terrorists to make explosives, a homemade liquid bomb called TATP. The same could be said for almost anything out there -- terrorists are resourceful and common household items can be used for good or for bombs. Shall we put tighter restrictions on them all? Will granny's hairdresser need to show ID in order to cover granny's gray hair?
Having a play off like professional football is something the Grouch has wanted for some time and is probably the only thing he and Obama agree on. But a DOJ investigation and bringing congress into the mix. Is this really what we elected our politicians for???
Sen. Orin Hatch asked the president to launch a complex system of and polls that often draws criticism — crowns its national champion. into the way the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) — a
"Mr. President, as you have publicly stated on multiple occasions, the BCS system is in dire need of reform," Hatch, R-Utah, wrote in a 10-page letter, obtained by The Associated Press.
Hatch's letter comes a few days after the BCS released its first standings of the year. And on Monday, a group of college football fans launched the Playoff PAC, with the hope of electing more lawmakers who will pressure the BCS to switch to a playoff system. Several lawmakers have introduced bills this year aimed at forcing a playoff system, but none of the bills has moved. (more)
Watcher of Weasels submissions:
- Mere Rhetoric - Foreign Policy Expert Marc Lynch: Obama Should Blackmail Israel With The Goldstone Report
- The Glittering Eye - A Curmudgeonly Comment About Healthcare Reform
- Rhymes With Right - The Conflict Between The GOP & The Tea Party Crowd
- Bookworm Room - Is Barack Obama Anti-American?
- The Provocateur - The Culture of Corruption Between Michelle Malkin, Michael Gaynor and Anita Moncrief
- The Colossus of Rhodey - O’Reilly guest typifies the Left on race
- Right Truth - Like sands through the hour glass, so goes the Middle East
- Joshuapundit - When Anti-Semitism Isn’t …And When It Is
- Submitted By: The Watcher – Jennifer Rubin / Commentary Magazine - On Their Own
- Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – Right Wing Nut House - THE DIFFERENT REALITY INHABITED BY THE CONSERVATIVE BASE
- Submitted By: Rhymes With Right – The Weekly Standard - Scozzafava Calls the Cops
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Brutally Honest - An Assault on American Culture : Disrupting the Family
- Submitted By: The Provocateur – Real Clear Politics - Media Wars: White House Crosses the Line
- Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – Oliver Kamm - The funny side of genocide
- Submitted By: Right Truth – Chesler Chronicles - Killing Jews in Oregon, Embracing Terrorists Off-Broadway
- Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – Toby Harnden / Telegraph - Barack Obama: ‘Oh, did I mention I won the Nobel prize?’
- Submitted By: Joshuapundit – Bob Weir/American Thinker - The Lucrative Business Of Racism