American soldiers are on the ground fighting al-Qaeda in Yemen. This seems to cement the fact that we are headed toward a greater war than what is presently being waged in Afghanistan. North and South Korea have exchanged artillery fire. At this time we do not know what types of weapon were used or how many rounds were exchanged. Iran continues with their nuclear program.
The operations were approved by President Barack Obama, begun six weeks ago and involve several dozen troops from the U.S. military's clandestine Joint Special Operations Command. U.S. officials have said repeatedly that American advisers do not take part in raids in Yemen, but provide intelligence, surveillance, planning and other weapons assistance. (Washington Post)
The incident came a day after the North declared a naval exclusion zone around the flashpoint border in the Yellow Sea waters, which was the scene of deadly naval clashes in 1999 and 2002. (Al-Jazeera)
A group of Imams from mosques in Yemen threatened to declare Jihad (holy war) if foreign troops are on the ground in Yemen. Oops, too late for that, troops are already on the ground and jihad against the West was declared years ago.
I am told that it is now "the firm assessment of the German Federal Government, from the Chancellor on down, that relations with Iran will be taken to the brink, including the potential for open conflict. A view shared by Germany, France, United Kingdom, and United States".
In solidarity with Israel and the West, German company Siemens has decided to wind down business with Iran. While admirable, there does not seem to be a rush of other companies doing the same. Israel vowed never again to allow the "hand of evil" to kill Jews as the world marked International Holocaust Memorial Day and Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has called Israel a "cancerous tumor" that must be wiped from the map.
The EU fails again to pass any worthwhile sanctions, not that any previous sanctions have proved worthwhile and not that any future sanctions would be any better. Israel continues to prepare for military action.
Around the world, pick a place, throw a dart, and you will see the unrest ... mostly from Islamic terrorists. Like a festering sore that will eventually erupt, the unrest simmers around the globe. But never fear, your government is in charge:
... opportunities to "take out" Anwar al Awlaki in Yemen "may have been missed" because of the legal questions surrounding a lethal attack which would specifically target an American citizen.
Check out the Watcher of Weasels Council articles this week:
- Joshuapundit - Lexington And Concord Revisited – The Brown Upset and What It Means
- American Digest - Obama: Working the Enemies List
- The Glittering Eye - A Short History of Air Hijacking
- Rhymes With Right - submission
- The Colossus of Rhodey - Clueless sports columnist screws up his pot shot at George W. Bush
- The Razor - Obama Vs. The People
- Soccer Dad - Profile of an international first responder
- Mere Rhetoric - Wonderful: Iraqis Permanently Scratch Out Ancient Hebrew Inscription Biblical Prophet’s Tomb
- Right Truth - The London Conference on Afghanistan and Yemen – Look who’s coming to dinner!
- Bookworm Room - Obama’s Self Love
- Submitted By: The Watcher - Gateway Pundit - Heartless Progressives Send Message to Tim Tebow: We Wish You Were Never Born
- Submitted By: Joshuapundit – Victor Davis Hanson - Let Me Be Perfectly Not Clear
- Submitted By: American Digest – Had Enough Therapy? - Is Tiger Woods a Sex Addict?
- Submitted By: The Glittering Eye – Zenpundit - The Post-COIN Era is Here
- Submitted By: Rhymes With Right – Founding Bloggers - A Challenge For Pro-Life Conservatives
- Submitted By: The Colossus of Rhodey – Andrew Klavan - Inglorious Malarkey
- Submitted By: The Razor – The Truth According to Mark - The Republicans’ Dilemma
- Submitted By: Soccer Dad – Dry Bones Blog - Middle East Pride
- Submitted By: Mere Rhetoric – Marc Thiessen / NRO The Corner - DNI Blair Admits We Have No High-Value Terrorist Interrogation Capability
- Submitted By: Right Truth – Bob McCarty Writes - Terror, Travesty and Tales of Suppressed Evidence
- Submitted By: Bookworm Room – Commentary Contentions - From Disgusting to Odd