Researchers discovered the brain’s self-control mechanism provides restraint in all areas at once.
They found people with a full bladder were able to better control and “hold off” making important, or expensive, decisions, leading to better judgement.
Their findings contradict previous research which found people who are forced to “restrain themselves” put more pressure on their brain and found it difficult exerting self-control.
Dr Mirjam Tuk, who led the study, said that the brain’s “control signals” were not task specific but result in an "unintentional increase" in control over other tasks. (continue at The Telegraph UK, hat tip Marcus Wilder)
The number of jokes that could come from this 'study' are probably endless. I'll leave that up to you.
Now check out the winners of the Watcher of Weasels Council this week, below the fold:
- *First place with 3 votes! – Joshuapundit – Schooling Dave Weigel On ‘Incivility’
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes – Bookworm Room – Conservative candidates are better looking
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes – The Political Commentator – Can a president be sued for malpractice? More specifically this President!
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes -The Razor – Reward Some Teachers, Fire Others and Allow All to Teach
- Third place *t* with 1 1/3 votes -The Glittering Eye -Two Bits of Economic Jargon
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote -New Zeal -Egypt lite! Socialists Organize Students in Solidarity With Wisconsin Protests
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote -Rhymes With Right – The OTHER Problems With Public Sector Unions
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Amazonian Guard
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Simply Jews – Moammar Gadhafi and his potential heirs
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Snapped Shot – Welcome To Snapped Shot 8!
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Colossus of Rhodey – Reality bites
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Noisy Room – So, What is the Going Price for a Soul Nowadays?
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – VA Right - Why ‘Across the Board Spending Cuts’ Are Not the Answer
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Right Truth – Abuse in the Emergency Room
- First place with 4 votes! – Bruce Kesler/Maggie’s Farm-Jawohl, Mein Professor submitted by Bookworm Room
- Second place with 3 votes – RedState/Tabitha Hale – Union Thuggery Descends On FreedomWorkssubmitted by Rhymes with Right
- Third Place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –Israel News – Viva Mubarak! Say what??? submitted by Simply Jews
- Third place *t* with 1 2/3 votes –Via Meadia – Race To The Bottom? submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote -The Foundry – Treatment of Libya Illustrates the Fatuousness of the Human Rights Council submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote -Foreign Policy Initiative – Foreign Policy Experts Urge President to Take Action to Halt Violence in Libya
submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote -Planck’s Constant -Avoiding Jewish Products May Kill You submitted by Right Truth
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes Gulag Bound–Updated: Truthing Up, in the Face of Marxist Spawned Power in Wisconsin submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 votes Publius Forum – Government Employee Unions Undemocratic, Unfair, Unsustainablesubmitted by VA Right
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -LATMA – The Arab Democracy Anthem: Love, Freedom and Kill The Jews! submitted by Joshuapundit
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -The American Interest/Via Meadia –Blue State Dems Turn on State, Local Workers submitted by The Razor
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -Weasel Zippers – Pakistani School Children Play Make-Believe Suicide Bombing Game… submitted by New Zeal
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote -J.E. Dyer – Team Obama: Game Theorists submitted by The Watcher
See you next week!