It has always saddened me that two of our greatest presidents,one who risked everything to create our beloved Republic and another who gave his all to save it should have to ‘share’ a day to honor them while others who arguably contributed far less have a day all to themselves to honor them because it’s politically expedient. That’s particularly true in my home state, where someone who was essentially a mere labor racketeer is so honored.
And let’s not even mention another president born this month who in living memory saved this nation from decay and defeat by sheer force of his principles, character and personality.
This goes beyond the question of a mere day off.As I’ve often written,usually vis a vis the people who identify themselves as ‘Palestinians’, you can tell a great deal about a people by whom and what they honor and hold up as heroic.
Ah, well! To the business at hand….
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category, and return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
So, let’s see what we have this week….
- The Colossus of Rhodey – Just a crazy writer looking for attention
- The Mellow Jihadi – Errrrr-rah Marine, Cobra Blood!
- Joshuapundit-Harvard Endorses Israel’s Destruction
- The Independent Sentinel – Forget the Volt and Buy A 1997 Buick Park Avenue
- The Noisy Room – Who The Hell Do These People Think They Are?
- The Political Commentator – To own a gun or not to own a gun?
- Simply Jews – A few questions for a BDS supporter
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The World Great Satan Made
- The Right Planet – No More Mr. Nice Guy
- Rhymes With Right – When It Comes To Civil Liberties And Rights, Poll Results Don’t Matter
- Bookworm Room – The ‘ultrasound = rape’ meme on the Left is part of a larger movement to discredit Republicans with a Big Lie
- VA Right! - Obama Is a Progressive. He Can’t Be a Christian Too!
- The Glittering Eye -Peace Through Cost-Benefit Analysis
- The Razor – The Limits of Labels
- The Grouch – The Grouch Educates Facebook Friends on Payroll Tax Cuts and High Gasoline Prices
- The Pagan Temple – Taste Worth Dying For
- Right Truth – Rick Santorum Is right
- Capitalist Preservation – The real issue of liberty and freedom being attacked under ObamaCare
- Cato@Liberty – Trying to Do Everything, Doing Nothing Well submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- Castra Praetoria –What Did They Expect? submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Mark Steyn – Contraception Misdirection submitted by Joshuapundit
- Michelle Malkin – Taxing Medical Practice to Death submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Sultan Knish –Guns, Butter, Jobs and Birth Control submitted by The Noisy Room
- Stonegate Institute -A New Year of “Dhimmitude” for Egypt’s Copts submitted by The Political Commentator
- The Elder Of Ziyon – “Israeli viruses infecting Egyptian chickens” submitted by Simply Jews
- Pressure Points – Playing Down the Iranian Threat submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- CNS News – George Washington’s Farewell Address submitted by The Right Planet
- Tim Stanley/The Telegraph – Sean Penn should return his Malibu estate to the Mexicans submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Melanie Phillips-When a seven year-old is branded a bigot submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Mental Recession – Unions Behaving Badly: Registering Inmates to Vote, Spending Dues at Strip Clubs submitted by VA Right!
- Via Meadia – Beyond Blue 5: Jobs, Jobs, Jobs submitted by The Glittering Eye
- American Thinker –Reports of the Tea Party’s Death Are Greatly Exagerrated submitted by The Razor
- Just One Minute – When Is A Tie Not A Tie? submitted by The Watcher
- Tevi Troy/Commentary – ObamaCare at the Supreme Court submitted by The Watcher