A survey by Public Policy Polling (PPP) asked Republicans, "Do you think Barack Obama is a Christian or a Muslim, or are you not sure?" Results below. What would your answer be?
... Guess how many say Christian? 14%! Among the remaining 86%, "Muslim" slightly leads "not sure," 45%-41%. ("Not sure" may by the demographic Rick Santorum is reaching out to when he accuses Obama of peddling a "phony theology.")
But the Alabama Republicans are a thoroughly trusting lot in comparison with their Mississippi brethren. Among Mississippi Republicans, just 12% say Christian, 52% say Muslim, and 36% aren't sure. (NYMag)
The full survey has a lot more information than whether Southern voters think Obama is Muslim. I'm betting those surveyed were not asked WHY they think Obama is a Muslim. Now that would have made an interesting article. Of course the purpose of conducting the survey in the first place, at least the purpose of the above article's selective reporting, was to paint voters in Alabama and Mississippi (and thus the entire South) as ignorant backwoods rubes.
NYMag didn't find it worthwhile to report that voters prefer Rick Santorum over Mitt Romney 43% to 40%. You can see the full survey here. However they did find it worthy to report that the majority in those surveyed do not believe in evolution either. Keep in mind that PPP surveys are generally Liberally slanted. No Democrats were surveyed.
It's your turn: Do you think Barack Hussein Obama is a Christian or a Muslim, or are you not sure?
More Leftist Civility – Another Radio Progtalker Disparages Southerners…. via The Last Refuge:
STEPHANIE MILLER: So what happens in Crackerland this week, as we like to say? We have, what, Alabama and Mississippi coming up tomorrow.
LEE PAPA: I think Santorum and Gingrich split the yahoos in Alabama and Romney just flat out wins Mississippi. (listen to audio here)