A week after a follower of the Religion of Peace, Mohammed Merah, killed seven people including three soldiers, a 30-year-old teacher at a Jewish school, his sons aged five and four, and a seven-year-old girl French President Nicolas Sarkozy will ban certain Imams from entering France. The headlines were misleading, stating that Sarkozy would 'ban Imams from France'. Yesterday nineteen people were arrested in a series of police raids on suspected Islamists
According to the Daily Mail, French President Nicolas Sarkozy plans to ban Imams from entering France next month for an Islamic conference organised by the Union of French Islamic Organisations. Sarkozy made his plans known in a radio interview, stating that,
“I have clearly indicated that there are certain people who have been invited to this congress who are not welcome on French soil.”
In France, the Union of French Islamic Organisations is regarded as having close ties with Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood. [snip]
Although French President Nicolas Sarkozy plans to ban imams from entering France is not necessarily unwarranted, it comes at a time where anti-Islam sentiments are at an all time high. Along with this latest development, President Sarkozy also supported the ruling of banning of any face-concealing veil such as the niqab or burka that some Muslim women regard as religious wear last year. According to the Daily Mail, President Sarkozy also mentioned his intentions to punish those viewing websites advocating Islamic extremism and going abroad for indoctrination or terrorist training. (AmericanLiveWire)
One of those barred, the Egyptian-born Sheikh Yusuf al-Qaradawi, says he refuses to come to France.
The ban also includes other high-profile Muslim clerics of Palestinian, Egyptian and Saudi origin.
The foreign ministry said in a statement that "these people call for hatred and violence and seriously violate the principles of the Republic, and in the current context, seriously risk disrupting public order."
Merah, a Frenchman of Algerian descent, recorded his killing spree and the video was posted at Al-Jazeera. Marah's brother praised the killing spree while his father may sue France, claiming his son was murdered. However:
When police surrounded Merah's Toulouse apartment last week, the gunman fought off an initial assault and then, in a conversation with a police negotiator, claimed responsibility for the attacks.
He said he shot dead three soldiers in two separate attacks in Toulouse and nearby Montauban on March 11 and 15, then last Monday opened fire at a Jewish school in Toulouse, killing a 30-year-old teacher, his sons aged five and four, and a seven-year-old girl.
The killer's father told AFP he had noticed a change in his son's behaviour the last time he returned to see his family in Algeria.
"He didn't appear to want to go out and stayed in his room to recite the Koran and read books. As soon as he'd hear the muezzin (calling for prayer), he would run to the mosque," he said.
Why did he execute seven innocent people? It has been alleged that Merah traveled to Afghanistan in 2011.
He was described being driven to kill his seven victims in a shooting rampage that terrorized this city by his resentment over the fate of the Palestinians, and France’s military presence in Afghanistan and ban on the full Muslim veil. (Telegraph)
All freedom loving countries should get serious about immigration from Islamic countries. Was this guy on the French radar prior to his killing spree? We don't have any indication of that. Good for Sarkozy in his efforts.
More on the terror training camps in places like Afghanistan and Pakistan:
While NATO countries send troops to Afghanistan to fight al Qaeda and the Taliban, these same countries are exporting a significant number of jihadists -- like the Toulouse gunman -- to the Afghan-Pakistan border for terrorist training. "So many people arrive every month that there are problems finding places for them to stay," a suspected al Qaeda member recently told German investigators. (continue)