It is not amazing to me that we have a panel already in place to take full advantage of the massacre in Newtown at Sandy Hook Elementary. The Liberals never miss a chance to take advantage of a tragedy, especially when it involves the Second Amendment (2A).
According to the web site Planet Washington:
“Vice President Joe Biden convened the first meeting a working group to explore solutions to gun violence -- a day after President Obama called for its creation. Among those in attendance: Thomas Nee, president of the National Association of Police Organizations, Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey, Attorney General Eric Holder, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Education Secretary Arne Duncan and Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.”
What a collection of liberals! What about Gun rights organizations? The National Rifle Association (NRA) and Gun Owners of America (GOA) and others, for their input? What about Religious leaders, Hollywood producers of these violent movies and video games and simple Americans? This Commission will lead nowhere but disarmament of the Populace.
Of course, the primary reason for the violence will be determined to be the mere existence of any semi automatic rifles, pistols and auto loading shotguns and of course the most devilish device ever invented in the history of Man: High Capacity Magazines!
The ammunition for these weapons, of course, will not miss the gaze of these people bent on removing the one right that the “People” have come to count on. They will make a big play for any rifle that has more than a 10 round fixed magazine. The fifty caliber, .416, .408, .338 Lapua Magnum and the venerable 300 WinMag will be outlawed, severely restricted or heavily taxed. Why? These rounds are all rounds that can really reach out and touch someone… About the only round that most likely will survive will be the .308 and below.
The big thing in the last Assault Weapons Ban was high capacity magazines. They could do the same things as before, but what the Liberals really want is to have all the High Cap Mags collected and destroyed. I tell you, a fat chance of that happening. But they will try. They will also try to have some “Buy-Back” plan as well, paying you 15 Cents on the dollar for the actual cost of any turned in weapon.
I have heard that Senator Feinstein will try the following:
- Temporarily stop all AR and AK manufacture-production-import, sale and transfer from anyone, even FFL holders to any customer, except for Military and Police use… and of course certain “others” that will be exempted. Can you spell: D-N-C?
- Require all “private sales” between persons, not Federal Firearms License holders, at gun shows and between 2 people, first take the gun to the local Police, have a check on the gun to see if it is stolen. Then a check on both the buyer and seller to see if there are any wants or warrants on either one of them.
- Only after this is done and documented by the Police, the weapon can be transferred… Of course the personal data, including prints and photos for each person must be given to the Police, along with the data on the weapon itself, with all this information sent to the ATF for Database inclusion. WHAT A NIGHTMARE THAT WILL BE, finally! The Libs will get their national gun registry!
- Prohibit the use of any magazine in any weapon that is not date stamped with the date the law was created, or newer. Weapons manufactured will have dates also on both the upper and lower. That makes criminals of all of us if we use anything but an approved magazine, regardless of when we purchased it!
- A “buy-Back” for all weapons, regardless of type at about .15 cents on the dollar, regardless of the value of the gun in question.
I also heard Senator Feinstein’s new law will force a design change in any new AR or AK, manufactured after a certain date, that they must have a permanent magazine in the Magazine well that will have a maximum capacity of no more than 10 rounds. Yes, that would mean that every time you need to reload, you would have to manually load the rounds into the magazine, after, disconnecting the upper from the lower and raising the upper receiver.
There are those, to be sure, that will give in and turn their guns in…. Millions will do it and every time the guns go over 200,000 turned in, the libs will have a “squealfest” and have their liberal press tell the masses that their plan to make their kids safe is working.
Tens of millions will say KMA! The Police, ATF and the Military will look for them and they will never find them… I know this because if a US Paratrooper will bury his Maroon Beret on Fort Bragg, (Yes, I know this to be a fact!) awaiting the day when sanity returns to the Army Uniform Board, you can bet that weapons, ammunition and cleaning supplies are being packed against the elements and are currently being buried for the time they are needed, nationwide!
There will be a serious problem about weapons real soon! The Liberals won’t follow the Constitution. They won’t modify or eliminate the Second Amendment by Constitutional means. They won’t because even they know that it will never happen if the People have a voice in the decision. I don’t care one iota about this commission; the House will never go along with the panel if it restricts the 2A! Proof than gun control does not work is that in 1999, in the middle of the Assault Weapons Ban, (1994-2004), there were just as many shootings as there were this year! If all the rifles, pistols, shotguns and magazines are not confiscated, any ban will do no good and that just can’t, logistically, be done! Evil and Violence are part of this world and only goodness and yes, violence can stop that person motivated by whatever the source, to kill and keep killing.
The steps wanted by this Liberal Government Commission will be required to be placed into effect by an executive order, the last vestige of royal authority in the United States. The day that the authorities attempt to confiscate weapons from law abiding Americans, That will be the point, the tipping point if you will, that will mark a second revolution in this country, blood, pain and suffering to a degree that we Americans have not seen since the US Civil war!
JON A. UNDERWOOD
CBPO, CBP, (RET.)