Welcome to the Watcher’s Council, a blogging group consisting of some of the most incisive blogs in the ‘sphere, and the longest running group of its kind in existence. Every week, the members nominate two posts each, one written by themselves and one written by someone from outside the group for consideration by the whole Council.Then we vote on the best two posts, with the results appearing on Friday.
This week a lot of minds are on what happened at a school in Newtown. It also makes me think about heroism. Accordingly,this week’s contest is dedicated to the memories of Vickie Soto and Senator Daniel Inouye, medal of Honor winner.
This week, Ask Marion, Right Truth, The Pirate’s Cove and Liberty’s Spirit took advantage of my generous offer of link whorage and earned honorable mention status with some excellent articles they sent in for consideration.
You can, too! Want to see your work appear on the Watcher’s Council homepage in our weekly contest listing? Didn’t get nominated by a Council member? No worries.
Simply head over to Joshuapundit and post the title a link to the piece you want considered along with an e-mail address ( which won’t be published) in the comments section no later than Monday 6PM PST in order to be considered for our honorable mention category. Then simply return the favor by creating a post on your site linking to the Watcher’s Council contest for the week when it comes out Wednesday Morning.
It’s a great way of exposing your best work to Watcher’s Council readers and Council members. while grabbing the increased traffic and notoriety. And how good is that, eh?
Ok, so let’s see what delightful delectables, scrumptious snark and intellectual stimulation we have this week….
- The Right Planet – Talking Past Each Other
- The Colossus of Rhodey – It’s Time For “Fun With ‘Progressives’”
- The Political Commentator – A Benghazi conspiracy that would make Watergate pale by comparison!
- The Noisy Room – Stampeding Gun Control Through Crisis
- Simply Jews – The phantoms of ceasefire, proportionality and other Middle East myths – Part II
- The Independent Sentinel – Bloomberg Tells Obama to Ignore Congress on Gun Control, Lott Says Arm Teachers
- Bookworm Room – To protect our children, it’s time to outlaw school buses
- GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – Battle Of The Bulge
- Joshuapundit-The Newtown School Shooting And What It Should Tell Us
- The Glittering Eye -Mass Murder Isn’t Reasonable
- The Razor – On the Sandy Hook Massacre
- The Mellow Jihadi – Navy Lieutenant Mongo Meets Female Lieutenant
- VA Right! - Gun Control Can Only Go So Far. We MUST Address Mental Illness to Prevent More Killings!
- Rhymes With Right – Texas Democrat Party Official Calls For Murder Of Fellow Americans Over Political Disagreement
- Gay Patriot – With Connecticut horror fresh in our minds, tis not the season to politicize
- Ask Marion – Former FBI Informant Says: Obama Will Destroy America Once He Has All The Guns… as Details of False Flag and Conspiracy in Connecticut Shooting Appear
- The Pirate’s Cove – Good Grief: Team Obama Uses Newtown Tragedy To Push Campaign Donations
- Right Truth – Report on Libya attack cites ‘systemic failures’ in security, confirms no protest
- Liberty’s Spirit – The Dangerous Myopia Of American Jews
- Dr. Gerald L. Atkinson CDR USN (Ret.) – About the Frankfurt School submitted by The Right Planet
- Cato@Liberty – An important victory for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms submitted by The Colossus of Rhodey
- USAction News -“Obama – Reid” Ideology Destroys America’s Hope submitted by The Political Commentator
- Sultan Knish –Guns, Guns, Guns submitted by The Noisy Room
- The Passing Parade – The end of the world, sideways, sort of submitted by Simply Jews
- Daily Caller – Nikki Haley on appointing Tim Scott: ‘He earned this seat submitted by The Independent Sentinel
- Badass Of The Week-Daniel Inouye submitted by Bookworm Room
- The Interpreter – The prospect of a North Korean ICBM submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Caroline Glick – Chuck Hagel for Defense Secretary – Bring it On! submitted by Joshuapundit
- Nick Gillespie/Reason.com – 4 Awful Reactions to Sandy Hook School Shooting – And Thoughts on a Better Response submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Ben Stein –G-d Help Us submitted by The Razor
- Heels And Handguns –My Thoughts on the Sandy Hook Shooting submitted by The Mellow Jihadi
- Fire Andrea Mitchell – 446 school age children shot in Chicago so far this year with strongest gun laws in country – media silent submitted by VA Right!
- Ultimate Texans – Texans help reunite military family at halftime submitted by Rhymes with Right
- Advice Goddess Blog -Boys Will Be Boys. Got A Problem With That? submitted by Gay Patriot
- The Commentator – Christians – The forgotten victims of the Arab Spring submitted by The Watcher
- Real Clear Markets/Bill Frezza – When Will Death Spiral States Impose Taxes On Fleeing Citizens? submitted by The Watcher