Via Gateway Pundit:
Massachusetts State Representative David Linsky
has filed a new bill that would force gun owners to undergo mental
health background checks, pay an additional 25% tax on all forms of
ammunition, and require firearms categorized as “assault weapons” to be
stored outside of their homes at government approved sites.
Natick Patch reported, via Black Listed News:
Provisions in the bill include:
- Having one standard of the issuance of all gun licenses, giving local police chiefs the ability to evaluate all aspects of an application for a gun license.
- Requires proof of liability insurance for possession of a firearm, rifle or shotgun.
- Requires that all large capacity weapons and grandfathered assault weapons must be stored at gun clubs or target ranges.
- Requires live shooting as part of the curriculum for a basic firearms safety course; this is not a current requirement.
- Requires all applicants for gun licenses and FID cards to sign a waiver of mental health records for review to be destroyed after decision.
- Imposes 25% sales tax on ammunition, firearms, shotguns, and rifles; dedicates funds towards firearms licensing, police training, mental health services, and victim’s services.
- Brings Massachusetts into compliance with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
- Limits gun buyers to one firearm purchase per month.
That way if someone breaks in your house, all you have to do is run down to the local gun storage facility to get your guns.
It makes perfect sense.