New Jersey’s Senator Cory Booker seemed like a golden boy (see here, here, here, and here– Right Truth articles) at least to those who paid heed to the New York Times. However, now there is a story at Breitbart’s Big Journalism site (see here Breitbart article) on a New York Times article titled: ‘New York Times Blasts ‘Absentee Landlord’ Cory Booker’s Newark Record.’ Cory Booker was mayor of Newark, New Jersey for six years, during which time, according the Times:
• He was absentee landlord who let Newark rot
• He described Newark as the “Wild West”
• He never attended a single meeting of a corporation he ran, the ‘Newark Water Conservation and Development Corporation,’ which is notoriously corrupt
• He was absent from a large number of important meetings
• He seemed to do little than show his face in poor neighborhoods (the New Jersey Star-Ledger points out that he spent about 21% of the time in 2010 away from the city)
• His tenure as mayor saw the murder rate of Newark skyrocket
Cory Booker, it has been said, has his eye on the White House, not in 2016, but down the road. In 2014 I frequently wrote on this man and why having him in the Senate was a bad idea. Here are a few additional reasons why anyone with any sense of justice or appreciation for the Constitution should oppose him:
• Booker, while mayor raised multi-million dollar investments to launch an online video company. Serving on the board of this company was CNN Chief Jeff Zucker’s 14 year old son.
• Booker made $689K from his ex-law firm while mayor
• Booker is pro-amnesty – and that cannot be good for the people of New Jersey.
• Booker supports gun control (i.e. he opposed the 2nd Amendment and the right to bear arms).
• Booker has promised to “hack the Senate.” I understand that hacking is illegal, but Booker is a Democrat so breaking the law is no big deal to him.
• He claims to have lived in Newark public housing for several years to “connect with residents.” But wasn’t this occupying a housing unit intended for a truly need person or family in Newark?
• Booker does not live where he claims to live according to voter registration records. In fact, he may never have lived there at all (see here Daily Caller article). In which case he lying to his constituents as well as committing voter fraud.
• Booker has demonstrated very poor judgment for someone with political ambitions. In 2013 his tweets to Lynsie Lee, a tattooed Portland, Oregon stripper were revealed.
According to the New York Times article Booker still has a safe seat in the Senate. But this is not set in stone. While my faith in New Jersey voters to actually think before voting is pretty low, if there is one sure thing about politics – anything is possible. Booker was only elected last fall to fill out the term of Sen. Frank Lautenberg who died in office last year. So when the election rolls around in 2014 Booker will have only served as senator for a year. Let’s hope his opposition in the next election is a cut above Booker, who is long on style and corruption, but pretty short on substance and honesty.