This just in for the first time, the State Department named the groups involved in the 2012 attack on the US Mission in Benghazi, Libya. Furthermore they designated the groups as terrorists, meaning the "bull story" about the Muslim-bashing video was totally bogus.
The department announced that it was labeling Ansar al-Sharia in Benghazi and Ansar al-Sharia in Darnah as terror organizations, in part over their role in the Benghazi attack. It applied the same label to Ansar al-Sharia in Tunisia, over a separate attack on Americans in Tunis.
The State Department also labeled as terrorists Sufian bin Qumu, head of the Darnah branch and a former Guantanamo Bay detainee, and Ahmed Abu Khattalah, head of the Benghazi branch.
Fox News previously reported that the two were suspected of playing a role in the attack. And despite State Department claims that Al Qaeda leadership was not involved and a recent news report echoing that assessment, Fox News has learned that bin Qumu has Al Qaeda ties.
Members of the House Intelligence Committee learned in a closed-door briefing yesterday that more contractors are corroborating the report that the Obama administration had plenty of time to respond to the attack on the Benghazi diplomatic facility.
Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) called the new information “outstanding testimony.”
“And essentially what they were able to prove today, they basically backed up the other contractors who were on the ground in the two previous hearings. So this is an ongoing investigation,” Nunes said Tuesday evening. “And I think they gave us a lot of good leads today and I feel very comfortable moving forward with where we are at today.”
The congressman confirmed the White House claim that the attack was sparked by protest over a YouTube video “was a completely lie, and we always knew that.”
“But what I think, some important testimony came out today. So these gentlemen found out about this right around dusk. And they knew the ambassador was missing, and they were in Tripoli. So, and then you have this whole time, you’re talking about roughly 9 to 10:00 at night, until 5:00 in the morning,” he said. “And at that point, you know, essentially the attack was still ongoing.”
Two Egyptian Christians living in Libya were killed by Muslims when they refused to convert to Islam in late September.
The Morning Star News reported that Waleed Saad Shaker, 25, and Nash’at Shenouda Ishaq, 27, Coptic Christians from Egypt living in Libya, were surrounded by a group of militant Muslims in northeastern Libya’s Derna District, in what initially seemed like an armed robbery. After taking their belongings and beating them, the group demanded that the two men recite the shahada, the Islamic conversation declaration. When the men refused, the extremists tied them up and shot them.
A shepherd found the men in the desert later that day. They were taken to the hospital, where Shaker was pronounced dead on arrival. Ishaq survived long enough to provide details about the attack to family members. No arrests have been made.
Ishaq was married with two children, while Shaker supported his parents, two sisters, and a disabled brother.
CAIRO (AP) – Egyptian security forces firing tear gas and water cannons on Friday broke up anti-government demonstrations by Islamists defying a draconian new law restricting protests.
“Friday is the Brotherhood’s day,” Mohammed Adel, a leading member of the secular activist group April 6, told the AP. “Even if we had the same cause, we will not protest with them.”
Meanwhile, Muslim residents of a village in southern Minya province attacked Christian homes, burning 10 houses and wounding 15 Christians, including a 15 year-old girl thrown from the third floor of a building, according to Ezzat Ibrahim, an activist who monitors minority rights.
Ibrahim said the attack was instigated by rumors of a love affair between a local Christian man and a Muslim woman – a factor that can often spark sectarian clashes.
BEIRUT – Anti-regime jihadist militia have entered the Saint Tecla Orthodox convent in the Christian village of Maalula, 60 kilometers north of Damascus, SANA state news agency reported Monday.
“Local sources said terrorists broke into the convent, taking Mother Superior Pelagia Sayyaf and other nuns hostage,” SANA reported.
The National Observatory for Human Rights in Syria confirmed rebels have retaken Maalula but made no mention of hostage-taking in the convent.
Nuns at Saint Tecla Orthodox convent were forcibly evacuated, but it is not clear whether they were taken hostage after jihadist rebels seized the village of Maalula north of Damascus on Monday, the Apostolic Nuncio to Damascus, Monsignor Mario Zenari, told ANSA. The Nuncio cited sources in the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate.
Jihadists first seized the Christian village in September, damaging its churches. Expelled by loyalist and Christian militias, they took up positions in nearby hills, keeping the village center under sniper fire.
Jakarta (AsiaNews) – A group of extremists belonging to the Islamic Defenders Front attacked and disrupted the Sunday services of the Tandemn Huria Kristen Batak Protestant ( Hkbp ) community in the city of Binjai , the Indonesian province of North Sumatra. Hundreds of faithful of the local Christian community had to abandon their church – official and recognized – and close traditional weekend services early because of the threats made by the fundamentalists. The faithful returned to their homes, escorted by police in riot gear.
Eyewitnesses reported that the assault yesterday morning against the Protestant Christian community was led by hundreds of FPI members, supported by some local Islamist groups . The assailants shouted loudly that the “church” is not legal , the authorities in the area, according to the extremists , have not take any decision on the legitimacy of any ” activities of worship ” in the building .
The Islamists attack comes in conjunction with the decision by local authorities, who must determine whether the place of Christian worship is or is not valid. The case is still pending and the surprise extremist attack could be aimed at putting pressure on judge.
Diana West at Breitbart discusses a letter from Charles Woods to Pres. Barack Obama and Obama's response. Charles Woods is the father of ex-SEAL Tyrone Woods, who was one of four Americans killed
in Benghazi on September 11, 2012. In his letter to Obama Woods asks 4 direct questions with this direction for Obama: “What we want are not just
answers. We also want the truth.” Obama's reply will not surprise anyone here at Right Truth. Read it at Breitbart, hat tip Weasle Zippers.
EXCLUSIVE Fox News:The recent theft of
massive amounts of highly sensitive U.S. military equipment from Libya
is far worse than previously thought, Fox News has learned, with raiders
swiping hundreds of weapons that are now in the hands of militia groups
aligned with terror organizations and the Muslim Brotherhood.
The equipment, as Fox News previously reported,
was used for training in Libya by U.S. Special Forces. The training
team, which was funded by the Pentagon, has since been pulled, partly in
response to the overnight raids last August.
According to State Department and military sources, dozens of highly
armored vehicles called GMV's, provided by the United States, are now
missing. The vehicles feature GPS navigation as well as various sets of
weapon mounts and can be outfitted with smoke-grenade launchers. U.S.
Special Forces undergo significant training to operate these vehicles.
Fox News is told the vehicles provided to the Libyans are now gone.
Along with the GMV's, hundreds of weapons are now missing, including
roughly 100 Glock pistols and more than 100 M4 rifles. More disturbing,
according to the sources, is that it seems almost every set of
night-vision goggles has also been taken. This is advanced technology
that gives very few war fighters an advantage on the battlefield. (continue at Fox News)
"Senseless and brazen acts of violence have no place in Chicago and
betray all that we stand for. The perpetrators of this crime will be
brought to justice and prosecuted to the full extent of the law...."
The above statement is from Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel after 13 people, including a 3 year old child, were injured in an apparent drive-by shooting in Chicago.
The statement is reminiscent of many statements coming from Barack Obama after terror attacks here at home and abroad, after mass shootings, after almost any event. Make the statement then fly off to play golf or whatever.
Make a statement and move on. It's all bull. No emotion, no feeling, no true intention of doing anything.
Take Benghazi as one example.
In a display of sheer contempt,
almost every democratic member of the House Oversight Committee, walked
out to avoid hearing testimony from the relatives of two slain Benghazi
victims. This marks the lowest point in democratic scruples , since
they booed God at their national convention. To their credit, Elijah
Cummings, ranking member of the committee and Jackie Speier, remained. (the Examiner)
They could care less about Americans who gave their lives for this nation on foreign soil. They spend money like it grows on trees (or like they can print it themselves???)
But there was no money for security in Benghazi. In fact, in hearings this very week it was suggested that the victims in Benghzai were responsible for their own deaths. Shameless. And then the Democrats can't take a few minutes to sit and listen to the families? Again. Shameless.
The leader of the terrorists responsible for the attacks in Benghazi shamlessly walk about free men, no fear of being taken out by the United States. Obama's promise to the families meant no more than Emanuel's empty comment to those families in Chicago. Words. Just Words.
First: We should not even be considering 'arresting' the terrorists that attacked our embassy in Benghazi Libya, killed four Americans and injured unknown numbers of other Americans. This is not a law enforcement matter. Period.
Second: Libya won't 'let us', won't let us???
As one commenter at Weasel Zippers says, "Everything Obama touches, turns to s---."
Yes, but only part of the damage he has done is because he is a bumbling idiot who is way out of his league when it comes to leadership. The rest of the damage is intentional, planned and going according to schedule. Destroy America. Knock American down. Destroy her economy. Destroy her political system. Destroy her standing in the world. Destroy the very foundations upon which America was built.
Obama loves droning people so much, if he really wanted some of the guilty in Benghazi he could simply order "his people", "his military", to take them out by air.
I saw part of the hearing with the State Department official Patrick Kennedy. His answers were pathetic. No accountability for the State Department employees (who were not punished, not fired, moved from one desk to another, and even given bonuses). No accountability for Kennedy. No accountability for Hillary Clinton.
And the worst thing, Kennedy seemed to blame Ambassador Stevens.
Under Secretary of State Patrick Kennedy said the
government of Libya is not allowing U.S. law enforcement into the
country to arrest individuals connected with the Benghazi attack because
the Libyan government “is not in control to that degree” Wednesday in a
House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing.
Kennedy explained ever since the events of September 11, 2012 the country has taken a “serious turn for the worse.”
I was talking to a friend at church tonight and her frustration is what I hear coming from people everywhere I meet. The Obama administration is destroying this nation day-by-day and there is basically no pushback from any of our so-called representatives in Washington. Benghazi is simply one sad example.
Jen Psaki just smiles and laughs, she doesn’t even offer anything
resembling a reason, although she seems to say to do so would
“jeopardize the investigation”. Of course, that would be ludicrous as
any interview could be done in closed session, if that were even a
question. But it isn’t.
Our government agencies are all staffed with this same type person. Unqualified for the job. Very political. No concern for the good of the country. Their only concern is for the politician they currently support and the Liberal, Progressive, Left in Washington.
This blog is an exercise in the author's First Amendment Rights as pertaining to Free Speech with all the protections as afforded & granted by the Constitution of the United States of America.
The blog owner is not responsible for content of sites linking to this blog or sites that this blog links to.
Opinions quoted on this blog or left as comments on this blog, do not necessarily represent the opinions of the blog owner.
Opinions included in articles written by anyone other than the blog owner, do not necessarily represent the opinions of the blog owner.
If you are offended by anything written, quoted, excerpted, referenced, linked to ... on this blog: Then go somewhere else.