By Tabitha Korol
The Guardian, supported by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, does for the reading public what Common Core books, also supported by the Gateses, do for American students – it provides a wealth of misinformation with an agenda. In its Global Development section, writer Liz Ford wrote of the role of girls and women under Islam, specifically Palestinians, and the violence to which they are subjected in their society.
Because her itemization was inaccurate and lacking references, I can provide some specifics about their driving force:
- Koran 4:34 Allah has made men superior to women and, therefore, women must be obedient or be admonished and beaten.
- M10-12 If the wife is rebellious, the man may warn her, follow with hitting, and beating but not breaking her bones or damaging her face. He may even imprison her in a room and withhold food and clothing.
- M10:4 A man may forbid his wife to leave the home.
- 022:1 Women may never become judges (they are not equal)
- L10:3 A woman’s value is half that of a man, because her “mind is deficient.” A woman should receive half the money of a man in an indemnity case, because women lack in intelligence and religion.
- 2:282 Her testimony is worth half the man’s.
- Bukhari 7,722,229 Deals with female genital mutilation and is compulsory. The term “circumcision” deceptively applies to both men and women, but what they do to women is indeed severe mutilation.
- 012.6 Extra-marital relations are forbidden, and the penalty for women is stoning to death; it is also recommended in “honor” killings. Men are held blameless.
- Bukhari 7,62.18 It is lawful to take a child bride. Mohammed was 51 when he proposed to six-year-old Aisha. Recently it was announced that a man may marry an infant who is still being breastfed.
The Palestinian National Authority Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MoWA) is acknowledging its gender issues in order to work toward developing a Palestinian state. According to a report published by the Palestinian Authority in 2011, culture and tradition were often the main justifications for violence against women in “Palestine.” Each of the reasons for humiliation and cruelty towards women is included in the